Sunday, December 28, 2008

The eagle has landed

By KJ

Just touched down in Honolu at 8:04 p.m. local time and I'm already in a cab on my way to the North Shore.

In a miracle of all miracle type of situations, my suitcase was the first one off the carousel. I have done my fair share of traveling and never once has this happened to me. So I feel it's a sign from God that I am supposed to be tipping back a few with Scott and "Lapa" ASAP.

I am about $30 into a "grab-your-ankles" cab ride that's going to run me over $100. I could've waited three hours for Jamie and Mike to split the fare with me, but no chance was that going to happen...especially once my bag was the first one out in baggage claim. I consider it money well spent.

That's it for now. Aloha!

UPDATE: When I said "grab-your-ankles", I meant it... $131.10. Ouch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really wasn't thinking a taxi cab ride was something fun to do for your Xmas present. Love Mom