Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Best day yet

By KJ

Day three of Surf with Murph was epic in MANY ways.

Me, Murph, Lapa, Ty and the Cooks took a day trip down to Hanauma Bay. Murph did his best to have us reenact the "Look kids. Big Ben, Parliament" scene from National Lampoons on the drive as we had to make a handful of U turns to find the place.

Once we got there it was unbelievably annoying what we had to do to get down to the actual beach. We had to wait to park, then wait to buy our tickets, then wait to watch this annoying orientation video and wait again to get our snorkeling gear. It stunk, but it was completely worth it when we got down there.

It was one of the most amazing places that I've ever been to. The snorkeling was great and I was fired up to finally get to use my underwater camcorder apparatus (pictured left). I looked like Jacques Cousteau, but the HD footage came out pretty sick, so I'll try to post clips at some point.



Prior to Hanauma Bay we hit up a few other scenic spots, like Chinaman's Hat (pictured below), Kualoa Park and Kahana Bay. Murph was obsessed with getting a photo of Chinaman's Hat so it looked like the hat was actually on his head... what a jerk.


A few other things to note on the trip:

• Murph and I had a giggle fit during the orientation video as Murph "relieved a little pressure" as the lights went down. It was hilarious.

• After Hanauma Bay, we stopped off at Halona Blow Hole. Lapa is pictured at right at the Blow Hole.

• The last stop of the trip was Kaloko Point. Ty and Lapa went body surfing, while me, Jamie and Mike took advantage of the photo ops (pictured left). There were two weddings going on there and it was such a picturesque scene.

The photo I snapped below is an instant classic. This wedding ceremony just got over, as you can see by a bridesmaid and groomsman walking out, and apparently these little kids REALLY had to go. So their dad helped them out by dropping trow COMPLETELY with one kid, while he assisted the other.


After the road trip, we got back to the house and got ready for dinner at Lei Lei's. June and the Airasians had arrived, so the entire crew was finally together for the first time. After Lei Lei's, we went up to The Bay Club at the resort and things really got out of hand.

We spent the night playing pool and this sick shuffle board game. We were having a good time...and then the shots started flying. I blame June and Murph for getting them going and just taking the entire night to the next level.

While we were at The Bay Club, Jamie was sitting there and says "KJ, come here." I go over to Jamie and she says to me, "Did that girl just take her pants off?" I was a little taken aback by the question, but I turned around to see this girl that is bare-ass naked from the waste down. Seriously.

Her pants weren't down to her ankles... they were completely off. I'm so bummed that I didn't have my camera on me (for obvious reasons), but trust me when I say, it was a scene like no other.

We are off for another day trip today. Not exactly sure yet where we're going yet and not sure if it will be more fun then yesterday, but we'll do our best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KJ, I'm so glad you're having a blast. I couldn't wait to get back from Foxwoods to catch up with the blog. We had great time with Angie, Anna and Sammy. Anna is absolutely adorable and has personality plus, I wonder where she gets that from????
Please be safe and have a Happy New Year. Love Mom

PS, It took us 5 hours to get home from Foxwoods because we drove in the middle of a snow storm...I bet you can't wait to get back!!