Monday, January 5, 2009

Heading home

By KJ

Well, I sit here in the Honolulu Airport waiting for my 10 p.m. (HST) flight home as Surf with Murph has officially come to a close.

June is still with Murph until Tuesday in Honolulu and the Airasians are sticking around for a few more days as well, but the group Surf with Murph portion has ended.

As you could probably tell, because I hadn't submitted a post since Dec. 31, New Year's Eve really got the train off the tracks and I was never able to recover. After an epic night, which saw Murph and I stay up until about 7:30 a.m. (HST) on New Year's day, I could never regain my momentum to do my early morning blog postings, so I apologize for that.

However, if you were one of the seven people that were watching Surf with Murph LIVE on New Year's morning while Murph and I were attempting to stay awake until someone else in the house woke up, you understand what the hell happened. So many ridiculous things took place during that time... probably my favorite time of the entire trip, no matter how disastrous it was on me.

I have so many unforgettable memories to share and photos and videos to post, but I am just too exhausted at this point. Nine days of debauchery has clearly caught up to me and I can't wait to get on the flight to LA so I can take a much deserved nap.

I can't believe that my trip home has an ungodly 18 hours of travel time... I just want to see my wife and baby... and take a nap. Maholo.

No comments: